What is commercial roof coating?
There are four outer walls, numerous interior walls, and the roof. That’s all there is to a commercial structure, right? Of course not, you don’t have to have any construction knowledge to know that’s not all there is to a structure. Because commercial buildings typically have a flat roof, they need an extra commercial roof coating to protect it.
Commercial roof coating isn’t something that most of us pay attention to since it isn’t something we see every day. Commercial building owners aren’t as aware of them because they haven’t been around forever, so there isn’t much information about a commercial roof coating. The unknown is often neglected because it is scary.
Generally, the objective of commercial roof coating is to improve a roof’s performance and increase its lifespan. This new coating is seamless (monolithic structure), and self-adhering properties will protect the building from leaks. With the flashing capabilities, it is one membrane with no distinctive elements to fit around pipes. You want to hire commercial roofing contractors that are experienced on how to apply commercial roof coating that will guarantee you get the best installation job.
What is roof coating used for?
A commercial roof coating benefits are many with several purposes, all of which makes it worth considering roof coating vs roof repair to get the best option for the owner’s budget. Among those benefits and objectives are the following:
- Fully Restored, Seamless, and Weatherproofing System – Commercial roof coating’s monolithic membrane is either rolled or sprayed on the existing roof. In this manner of application, it fits automatically around equipment, hatches, pipes, and other protrusions, fully sealing and waterproofing the roof. As commercial roof coating is sprayed on, it blends, creating a seamless coating.
- Cost-Effective – Because commercial roof coatings are applied directly to the existing roof, it makes the installation faster and less labor-intensive. If the current roof doesn’t need to be torn off first, this all makes it less expensive.
- Environmentally Friendly and Sustainability – These commercial roof coating systems are renewable, and every ten years, they can be re-coated, extending the lifespan of the roof longer. Because this coating can be applied to the existing roof, the old roof doesn’t have to be removed, keeping roofing debris out of the landfills.
- Work Environment Isn’t Interrupted – During the installation of other commercial roof materials, it often disrupts the work environment. Commercial roof coating has little to no noise and a low odor and doesn’t create a lot of distribution as you conduct business.
- UV Reflectivity – Highly reflective commercial roof coating provide UV protection that cuts energy cost while keeping the building cooler in the summer and extends the lifespan of the roof.
What is the best roof coating?
Silicone is rapidly gaining popularity and becoming the commercial roof coating material of choice for commercial structures with flat roofs. Why? The many benefits, the cost factor, and the long lifespan are all things that are appealing to a building owner. Additionally, it has an aesthetic appeal that works with any architectural style.
How long does silicone roof coating last?
One of the most significant selling factors that commercial building owners like is the low cost, and the other is the long lifespan that silicone industrial roof coating provides. When installed by a professional commercial roofing contractor and recommended maintenance is performed, silicone commercial roof coating can last up to fifteen years.
Does roof coating stop leaks?
Silicone commercial roof coating will seal up all existing roof leaks, and the best part, you won’t have to inspect and search for the leaks first. For most existing roof surfaces, silicone commercial roof coating is easier and costs less to repair a roof with leaks.
Is silicone roof coating worth it?
There are two fundamental types of commercial roof coatings that most roofing contractors recommend. Both coatings are excellent products with excellent features:
Acrylic Commercial Roof Coating
- Often referred to as an elastomeric roof coating that is ten times thicker than acrylic paint.
- Durable, Flexible, Strong
- Applied as a spray foam that expands, filling and leveling depressions in the roof surface
- An adhesive, monolithic design that withstands any weather
Silicone Commercial Roof Coating
- Requires one coat
- Takes less man power
- Easy cleanup
- Environmentally Friendly
- Weathers well
- UV Reflective
Topping Off This Article
- Acrylic (or elastomeric) and silicone aren’t the only commercial roof coatings to choose from for commercial structures. It is recommended to research each of the following materials and choose the best one for your building and budget.
- Acrylic Commercial Roof Coating
- Polyurethane Commercial Roof Coating
- Butylene Styrene Commercial Roof Coating
- Silicone Commercial Roof Coating
An experienced, professional commercial roofing contractor can provide guidance in which of these materials is best for you building to give you the most ROI possible. Get a quality roof coating for your commercial building when you call 864-256-1227 today.